Monday, January 30, 2012

Chemistry

Happy Monday! Our new student joined our class today.  We are just thrilled to have her. I think she'll fit in quite well.  We also started a new science unit on chemistry today. The lesson was about mixtures. We mixed together several things:

Container A has bird seed and rice. B has water and baby oil. C has water and vinegar, and D has sugar and sand.  We measured out all the ingredients, put them in their containers, and then predicted what would happen when we shook them up.  Then we discussed homogeneous mixtures. Now that's a big kid word!


While I was gone at the conference, I had the students make these cute eagles on school spirit day. They were waiting for me on the table this morning, and I think they turned out really great...

Also, tomorrow is the 100th day of school! We'll be doing all sorts of 100 themed activities, and I will definitely be posting pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment