Friday, January 27, 2012

NAEYC Update

We have been having so much fun at the NAEYC Conference the past two days! I have learned about everything from art to literacy to parent involvement to breathing exercises. Being in a place with thousands of other people who share your same passion can be quite empowering. 

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Lois Ehlert. She's an author and an illustrator, and you'll probably recognize many of her books. I have admired her for a long time.  Here's a picture of Lois and I:


These are some of the excellent books Lois has written:







 She has also illustrated several books, including:






Then, I got to meet the author and illustrator of this book:


This book has only been out for about 8 months, but it's become very popular.  Here are Sherri Duskey Rinker (author) and Tom Lichtenheld (illustrator) signing my copy:





In other great news, we have a new student joining our class on Monday!  Her name is Yilin, and her family has just moved here from Grand Rapids, MI.  Her brother will be enrolled in the Preschool 4's program, as well.  I'm not sure if my substitute or anyone else at school has informed our class of our new addition yet, as I just found out myself.  So, you can let your child know they should expect a new face on Monday! 

I'm looking forward to one more day of learning at the conference tomorrow.  Have a great weekend!






                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment