Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Move

Let me start out by saying that I never really pictured myself in this situation.  

Then again, how can we ever really plan for the future? If you have read my "About Me" page, then you know I have taught in a couple different positions at my school.  Halfway through this last year, I was offered the position of Preschool Director starting with the 2012-2013 school year.  I struggled back and forth with whether I wanted to make the move or not, but ultimately I decided it would be a wonderful step forward in my career. 

I'm very happy, and I feel very blessed to have been considered for this position. I am truly excited for what this year will bring.

That is, I will be excited once this move is over! Where is the moving crew when you need them? Here is my old classroom, mid-packing:
Believe it or not, it actually looks remarkably better in this picture than it did a few days prior. 
Unfortunately, the classroom I'm moving to is what feels like lightyears away. Let's just say that there are a lot of carts and doors and stairs involved.  It's not pretty, and it's taken me a really long time. I will say that having keys to the building so I can come and go as I please is super nice, though!

And here is my new room, complete with the mountain of furniture and stuff in the middle (I'm hoping to get the room painted this summer.)
This mountain is the least of my worries.  I get my own office (yay!), but I had to clean it out first.  This  is the pile of trash and recycling from the office after one day's work:
I have made at least five more piles this size so far this summer. And I'm not done yet! 

I am really looking forward to ending the cleaning phase and beginning the set-up phase. Maybe someday I will post pictures of my office so you can see how far it's come!


Also, don't forget to enter Faithful in First's fantastic blockbuster giveaway! This is seriously HUGE!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Webster,

    Thank you for stopping by my new blog and leaving a message today. I love your story about moving. My best friend and aide in kindergarten for the past 5 years was offered the position of director of Preschool this coming school year. She has been working hard getting her room ready this summer. I am sad that she is moving, but happy that it is only across the hall.

    I nominated your blog for an award today. Stop by the awards page to pick it up. If you didn't get a chance earlier, please, enter my first giveaway tool.

    Creatively yours,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete